Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Blog 12: How I will demonstrate impact on Student learning as a result of my lesson

-->

Essential Question: How will I demonstrate impact on student learning as a result of my differentiated lesson?

There are several ways in which I will demonstrate impact on student learning as a result of my differentiated lesson.  One of these ways includes the use of a KWL chart.  As a class we will create a chart on things we already know and want to know about graphing data.  At the conclusion of the lesson we again visit the chart and fill in what we’ve learned as a result of the lesson.
            Another way in which I will demonstrate an impact on student learning is by administering a pre and post assessment.  For these assessments I chose to use a traditional paper pencil format.  These assessments were designed to help define where each student is at in terms of the particular standards being tested.
            In addition to the KWL chart and the pre and post assessments, I will also be keeping anecdotal data.   The document being used is labeled ‘Checklist for Progress’.  Within this checklist are key questions to help identify where student may be struggling during each part of the lessons.  Some example questions include: Can the student identify a bar graph? Does the student know how to properly set up and record data on a tally chart?...etc.
            Once students have completed their required charts they will go through a process of presenting their information.  Students can choose form 1 of two options.  They may choose to use a program called Prezi, or use Photobooth.  Students will be required to create a presentation explaining the steps they took in creating their end pieces.

Unfortunately this week I have not communicated with my PLN as much as I had hoped.  In fact, it was probably the least I’ve participated since the beginning of the semester.  Although I did communicate on email with the people who are doing a similar project as I, it was not nearly as much as I should have.  In an effort to catch up however I have been dedicating the past few nights to reading other peoples blogs and taking a deeper look at what their upcoming project will be.  I look forward to seeing the finish products soon, and hearing how well everyone’s project worked out within the classroom.

Below I have included my lesson plan, pre and post assessment  and checklist.  I plan on teaching this lesson on either Thursday or Friday of this week.  Wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment