Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Blog 7 Glogster


What tool did you learn this week to assist you in differentiating the learning process for students?

            The tool that I learned about this week to help assist me in differentiating the learning process for students is a program called Glogster.  This program is an easy to use blogging platform that invites users to create posts that are not only easy to read, but entertaining, engaging and fun!
            This could be a great tool to help engage all different types of learners as it has the option to add text, video, audio, and photos.  This blogging platform would be a great tool for a teacher to help provide extra learning opportunities to struggling learners, as well as provide extend for high flyers.  Glogster, with a fee, also gives the option for students to create their own glogs within a particular class. By having students create their own ‘Glogs’ they become engaged with their own learning.  It would also be a great formative assessment piece to gage students understandings of a topic.   Since Glogster adheres to most learning levels, students are able to create a glog to suit their own style and learning needs. 
            I am so excited to introduce this new program to my students.  In fact, I created my first ‘Glog’ this evening.  At the moment in our 3rd grade science curriculum we are learning about matter, particularly the 3 states (solid, liquid and gas), therefore I thought ‘States of Matter’ would make a perfect first glog.   Although it may look simple, it actually took me about 3 hours to make.  But then again, I did take my time choosing out the perfect pictures, video, graphics, frames for all pictures, frames for texts and even took a bit choosing what font I wanted to use for what.  Overall I think it turned out well, would love to hear what others think.  Tomorrow I will be showing my States of Matter blog to my class, wish me luck!


2 comments:

  1. Great glog! I'm hesitant to dive into glogster, but this has truly inspired me to try....we'll see if it happens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a great platform to use with your students. That is the beauty of working with students that are independent in their reading and writing. I would someday love to use blogging to some degree with my kindergarten students. It sounds as if you are well on your way to becoming a glogger! We'll all stay tuned for updates.

    ReplyDelete